Be an Airman
BAF carry out airmen recruitment once in every year. In the month of May-Jun the advertisement is published in the national dailies (Mainly Prothom Alo, Ittefaq, Dainik Protidin and Kaler Kontho). The advertisement provides all related information about date and place of recruitment. Air force recruitment team from Information and Selection Centre (I&SC) goes to six divisions of Bangladesh and conducts airmen recruitment. The team stays in the in each division for about seven days. The recruitments are carried out as following locations :
|BAF Base Zahurul Haque, Chittagong
|Govt Azizul Haque College, Bogra
||Rajshahi & Rangpur
|BAF Base Birsherestho Matiur Rahman, Jessore
|BAF Shaheen College, Moulvibazar
| Information & Selection Centre, Tejgaon, Dhaka
A special "Airmen Recruitment Test" is also held at the end of all divisional recruitment at I&SC Dhaka for the candidates who are not staying in the permanent address that is Home district/Hometown who are not staying at their home district and temporarily residing at Dhaka.
Keep an eye on the web all recruitment advertisements are also published in the BAF website.
- Age For Technical & Non-Technical Trade: Within 16 to 21years.
- Age For Education Instructor & Cypher Assistant Trade : Up to 28 years.
- Age For Music Trade : Up to 24 years.
- Nationality: Bangladeshi citizen.
- Marital Status: Unmarried except Education Instructor and Cypher Assistant trade.
- Physical Standard:
||162.56 cm (5’ 4’’)
||50 Kg (110 Lbs)
||76 - 81 cm (30"-32")
||6/6 or According to the rules
- For Technical Trade : Min GPA-2.5 in SSC (Science) or equivalent.
- For Non-Technical Trade : Min GPA-2.5 in SSC or equivalent.
- For Music Trade : SSC or equivalent.
- For Education Instructor & Cypher Assistant: Min 2nd Div in BSc/B Com/BA, Fazil (only for Religious Teacher) or equivalent.
- Min 2nd Div in Diploma in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering / Communication Engineering/IT or equivalent
Conditions of Ineligibility:
Candidates of the following categories are ineligible for enrolment as airmen:
- Dismissed from Army/Navy/Air Force.
- Dismissed/removed/discharged from Government services on disciplinary ground or forbidden from Government employment.
- Convicted in a Court of law for an offence involving moral turpitude or awarded imprisonment for any civil offence.
- For Technical Trade:Candidates passed from any technical institute will get preference.
- For Non-Technical Trade : Prominent players will get preference on submission of certificate
at least district level competition in the respective field.
- For Music Trade: Candidates having proficiency in any musical instrument is to be given preference.
- Cypher Assistant: Having knowledge on Computer.
a.For Technical Non-Technical Trade :Aircraftman-1 (AC-1)
b.For Education Instructor & Cypher Assistant: Warrant Officer (WO).
Documents required with the Application Forms:
a.Certificates/provisional certificates, Testimonial and attested copies of all marks sheet.
b.Testimonial from respective head of the institutes mentioning permanent address and date of birth.
c.Nationality certificate from Counselor of City corporation / Municipal corporation/Chairman of Union Council.
d.Certificate from Govt approved technical institutes (if required).
e.Six copies of recent pass port size photograph duly attested by Class-I Gazetted Officer.
f. Character certificate from Class-I Gazetted Officer.
g. Attested copy of Birth Registration Certificate/ National ID Card.
h. Attested copy of certificate for dependent of Freedom Fighter from appropriate authority.
i. Certificate for Anser & VDP candidates from appropriate authority.
j. For Tribal candidates attested certificate issued by Deputy Commissioner (DC).
k. Attested copies of certificate for performance in sports/games at National/Division/District level (if any).
NOTE: Incomplete application form will not be accepted.
Period of Enrolment: Will be intimated through Daily Newspapers and BAF website-www.baf.mil.bd/recruitemnt.